Vaping is a popular alternative to smoking cigarettes, but the key to a great vaping experience is keeping your device in good condition. One of the most important parts of a vape device is the coil. The coil is responsible for heating the e-liquid and creating the vapor that you inhale. Over time, the coil can become dirty, affecting the taste and quality of your vape. In this article, we will show you how to clean your vape coil and keep your device running smoothly.
What is a Vape Coil?
A vape coil is a small heating element made of metal wire that is wrapped around a cotton wick. The wick absorbs the e-liquid, and the coil heats it up to create vapor. The coil is a crucial part of a vape device, and keeping it clean is essential to maintain the quality of your vaping experience.
Signs That Your Vape Coil Needs Cleaning
Cleaning your vape coil regularly is essential to keep your device running smoothly. Here are some signs that your coil needs cleaning:
- A burnt taste when vaping
- Reduced vapor production
- Gurgling or spitting noises
- Leaking e-liquid
What You’ll Need to Clean Your Vape Coil Before you start cleaning your vape coil, you’ll need the following supplies:
- A bowl or cup of warm water
- Paper towels
- A clean, dry cloth
- A toothbrush (soft-bristled)
How to Clean Your Vape Coil? Follow these steps to clean your vape coil:
Step 1: Disassemble your vape device and remove the coil.
Step 2: Use the tweezers to remove any excess wick or debris from the coil.
Step 3: Soak the coil in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Use the toothbrush to gently brush the coil, removing any remaining debris.
Step 5: Rinse the coil under running water to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
Step 6: Dry the coil with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
Step 7: Reassemble your vape device and enjoy a fresh, clean vaping experience.
Tips On Cleaning Your Vape Tanks and Coils
It’s important to clean your vape tank and coils to keep them working well and tasting good. To clean the tank, take it apart and soak it in warm water for a bit. Then, use a soft brush or cloth to clean off any dirt or stuff on it. Rinse it well and let it dry before putting it back together. For the coils, take them out of the tank and rinse them with warm water. If they’re still dirty, you can soak them in a mix of warm water and vinegar or vodka for a while. Rinse them off and let them dry. Regular cleaning will help your vape gear last longer and work better.
Additional tips for Cleaning your vape coil:
- Dry Burning: One method some vapers use to clean their coils is dry burning. This involves heating up the coil until the residue burns off, leaving the coil clean. However, this method can also damage the coil and cause it to break down faster. It’s also not recommended for beginners, as it requires careful attention and can be dangerous if done incorrectly.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: It’s important to avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach or rubbing alcohol to clean your vape coil, as they can damage the coil and affect the flavor of your vape.
- Coil Replacement: If your coil is damaged or no longer functioning properly, it’s important to replace it with a new one. Continuing to use a damaged coil can result in a poor vaping experience or even lead to safety issues.
- Proper Storage: Properly storing your vape device when not in use can also help prolong the life of your coil. Keep your device in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- E-Liquid Selection: The type of e-liquid you use can also impact the lifespan of your coil. High VG (vegetable glycerin) e-liquids can be thicker and more viscous, which can cause the coil to gunk up faster. Consider using a lower VG e-liquid if you’re having issues with coil buildup.
How to clean a vape pen
Cleaning your vape pen is important to keep it working well and make it last longer. Start by taking it apart and getting rid of any leftover e-juice in the tank or cartridge. Then, clean the threads and connections of the pen using a cotton swab or cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Be careful not to get any liquid on the battery or electronics. Once it’s clean and dry, put it back together and fill it up with fresh e-juice. Regularly cleaning your vape pen will help stop buildup and make it last longer.
Cleaning your vape coil is an essential part of maintaining your vape device and enjoying a great vaping experience. By following the steps and tips outlined in this article, you can keep your vape coil in pristine condition and prolong the life of your device. Remember to clean your coil regularly, and if you notice any signs of damage, replace it immediately. With a little maintenance, you can enjoy a clean, fresh vape every time you use your device.
Can I use alcohol to clean my vape coil?
It’s not recommended to use alcohol to clean your vape coil as it can damage the coil and affect the taste of your vape.
How often should I clean my vape coil?
It’s recommended to clean your vape coil every time you change flavors or at least once a week.
How long do vape coils last?
Vape coils can last anywhere from one to four weeks, depending on how often you use your device and the type of e-liquid you use.
Can you clean a dirty vape coil?
Yes, it is possible to clean a dirty vape coil. In fact, cleaning your coil can improve the flavor and lifespan of your vaping device. Here are some steps you can follow to clean your vape coil:
- Disassemble your vape tank and remove the coil.
- Rinse the coil under hot running water for several minutes to remove any excess e-liquid or debris. You can also soak the coil in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, gently scrub the coil to remove any remaining residue.
- Allow the coil to air dries completely.
Once the coil is completely dry, reassemble your vape tank and refill it with e-liquid.
Can you clean a burnt vape coil?
Yes, It is possible to clean a burnt vape coil, but it is important to note that cleaning may not always be successful in restoring the coil to its original state. A burnt coil is typically caused by overheating and a buildup of residue on the coil’s surface, which can lead to a harsh and unpleasant vaping experience. Here Are 6 Best List Hookah Coals in 2023